Hello and welcome to this tutorial. Today, we will show you how to port forward your minecraft server on a Verizon router.
1. Have access to your networks router settings, username and password.
2. Log on, and go to ADVANCED,Port Forward Rules.
3. Create a new rule, name it Minecraft (Or whatever you want that you will recognize in the future.
4. Add a TCP and UDP Protocol with the source port as any and the destination port as Single
5. Set the SINGLE Destination port to 25565 for both the TCP and UDP Protocol and apply settings.
6. Go to Firewall settings, and select the Port Forwarding section on the left margin.
7. Find Create new port forwarding rule, and select your computer or type in your local ip after clicking specify ip.
To Find this out:
a.go to Start, in search bar type cmd, or open command prompt, type ipconfig, locate the IPv4 address.
b. Type it into the Specify IP selection on the router settings.
8. Select the Application to forward drop-down menu,Select Minecraft (Or whatever you named the rule), and click apply.
9. Go to the server.properties file on your minecraft server folder, and set it to your LOCAL IP, not PUBLIC IP.
10. Set the port to 25565.
11. Log on to minecraft with your public ip:25565.